For complete details on The BO3 Cup Tournaments click HERE
- Players must have a MTGA Direct Challenge Id
- Players must have a verified Discord account to register.
- Players are expected to have joined, and to be available on, The Total Jank Games Discord during The BO3 Cup Preliminary Tournament.
Today's Event Details
- Sunday March 27, 2022
- Must check-in by 11:55am EDT
- First round begins at 12:00pm EDT
- Format: Standard, Best of 3
- Open decklists
- Swiss + cut to Top 4
- MTG Arena direct challenge, "TOURNAMENT MATCH" challenge option
- Top 4 will use modified play/draw rules. The player with the higher standing after swiss rounds will be given the choice to play or draw. Players will communicate this choice with their opponent, then play a "TOURNAMENT MATCH" direct challenge where the player who wins the coin toss makes the appropriate selection.
- Coverage will be streamed over on my Twitch channel, please follow. There's a bonus prize if you do! See "Prizes" for all the information.
- The Discord will be used for organizing feature matches and quick responses. Joining my server is required to participate in the event.
Today's LGS on Tour is brought to you by Total Jank Games
- Joining the Total Jank Games Discord server HERE is a REQUIREMENT to participate in this tournament
- Players are required to share their Arena client window to Discord upon request using the “Share Your Screen” feature
- The Discord server has a few open voice channels where you can practice/test “Share Your Screen" at anytime, to ensure you know how to use this feature.
- Join the Total Jank Games Discord server (we suggest joining ASAP because we may not be available to troubleshoot the day of or day prior to the event)
- READ '🚨BO3 Cup Tournament🚨' 📢│official-announcements CHANNEL IN THE TOTAL JANK GAMES DISCORD SERVER. This channel is your source of information for the tournament. This tournament page may not be all-inclusive. Updates will be made using the Discord server. Please be sure you are following the conversation.
If you have any questions, use the #tournament-questions channel in the Total Jank Games Discord server. You can ping @SweetNSaltT for urgent questions.
Feature Matches Instructions
Follow these instructions in order:
- Everyone please ►► Join the ⌛Waiting Room⌛voice chat channel In The Total Jank Games Discord server HERE
- Wait to begin your match each round until the 3 feature matches are selected. Feature matches will be announced in the '🚨BO3 Cup Tournament🚨' 📢│official-announcements Discord channel. If you are NOT a feature match, you may begin playing immediately after the feature matches are selected
- IF you are chosen for a Feature Match
- From the ⌛Waiting Room⌛ ►► The tournament organizer will then move you to a private Feature Match/Table channel. Once you are in a private channel, click the “Share Your Screen” button and choose your Arena client to share.
- The Tournament Organizer will make an announcement in the announcements channel when you may begin your match.
- Watch this VIDEO to learn what is expected of you if you're selected for a feature match.
Tournament Day Rules and Responsibilities
- You are required to stay active in the Discord server. If we need to contact you during the tournament, this will be the platform for communication.
- Decklists must be uploaded by 11:50am(EST) on March 27th, failure to do so will result in you being dropped from the tournament.
- Decklists must be Standard legal.
- Submit you decklist via the "Player Controller" page.
- All decklists will be public during the event.
How-to Start a Tournament Match
For this tournament you MUST USE the Standard Tournament Match feature. Follow these instructions in order:
- Click the double-swords icon in the top-right corner of the Arena client.
- Click the right-arrow to toggle to “Standard Tournament Match”
- Type your Opponent’s Arena username into the Opponent box. Keep in mind that usernames are CaSe SenSITive.
- Click the “+” picture and choose your deck. You are responsible for making sure you choose the deck you submitted to the MTGMelee site.
- Click the “Play” button.
Playing Your Matches
Everything happens in your "Player Controller" page.
Pairings will be announced in the form of a notification, voice notification, SMS notification (if you activate it in your profile settings) and your player controller page will display your pairing in the "Current Pairing" section.
- Please watch this VIDEO on how to use MTG Melee so you know what is required of you each round.
- Rounds will be subject to the Arena client in-game timer. Please begin each round promptly.
- You must check-in to your match on MTGMelee each round.
- Both players must confirm the match results on MTGMelee each round.
- Each round you'll be given ten (10) minutes to check-in and begin your match. Players who are not ready to begin on time will receive a game loss in the current round.
- Fifteen (15) minutes after a round is paired, if a player has not communicated with their opponent or a tournament admin that player will lose the current round and be dropped from the event.
- Each round will begin when all matches from the previous round have been reported. This may occur sooner than expected so please check the round status and/or let the TO know if you plan to step away.
- Players should be aware of known issues in MTG Arena
- There will be no match resets due to connection issues/bugs/crashes. If you cannot complete your match because of a technical issue on your end the match will be awarded to your opponent. We want to be fair to all players and ensure the tournament moves along at a good pace.
- Please take a screenshot after each win to avoid any disputes over match results.
Intentional draws are not allowed.
- Registration closes 10 minutes before the event begins.
- All players MUST check-in at any time before 12:00 PM EDT
- Round 1: 12:00 PM EDT
- Number of rounds based on number of players, it will be announced before Round 1
- Top 4 cut: after swiss rounds.
Gaming Kingdom store credit is valid for Canadian residents only. International winners will be shipped equivalent value in their choice of singles from here.
- To be eligible to get the bonus, you must be a follower to my channel BEFORE the tournament starts.
Players that reach the Playoffs will get a bouns $5 Gaming Kingdom Store Credit or 1 x Current Set Draft Booster Pack will be added to their prize. To be eligible to get the bonus, players need to follow my Twitch channel before the start of Round 1.
If you are streaming the event on Twitch please link your twitch account to mtgmelee.com and stream the event with "THE BO3 CUP | LGS TOUR" in your stream title from Round 1 until they are eliminated. Please also have Store past broadcasts turned on.
- Winners must provide the following contact information to receive prizing:
- ➤ your full name
- ➤ street, house number, flat number.
- ➤ name of the town/village.
- ➤ postal code.
- ➤ (for international correspondence, the name of the country)