How it works
ReCQ - Pioneer events are open entry five round, Single-Elimination events where participants play for Prize Wall tickets and undefeated players Qualify for the Regional Championship at DreamHack.
SCG CON ReCQ - Pioneer Event Structure
- Five (5) Single Elimination rounds
- There will be sufficient byes in Round One (1) to make the number of players in Round Two (2) the smallest possible multiple of sixteen (16). This allows for clean Single Elimination through the end of the event.
- Registration for all events at SCG CON will close 10 minutes prior to each event.
- Players who enter after the tournament has begun will be enrolled with a Loss for their first round.
- Players must have their Wizards Account Email in their Melee.gg profile in order to enroll.
- Decklists will be submitted through the Player Controller on Melee.gg.
- Decklists are due prior to the start of the first round of the event.
- Failure to submit a decklist on time will result in Tardiness penalties.
To unenroll after you must contact the organizer.
All SCG CON tournaments will be run according to the Tournament Rules for their respective game systems:
Magic: the Gathering Tournament Rules
- Pairings for ReCQ - Pioneer events will be available on the Melee.gg Player Controller and on Paper in the event hall.
- It is each Player's sole responsibility to find their pairings and report to their matches for the beginning of each round of their events.
- Rounds for the ReCQ - Pioneer will be 50 minutes.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of any given match to ensure that the result is reported and recorded correctly
- If either player notices a discrepancy between the result of the match and the reported match result, they must bring the error to the attention of a tournament official immediately.
- Players must have accounts in good standing on MTG Melee and Star City Games.
- Players must not be currently suspended from participating in/on tabletop Magic: The Gathering events, SCG Tour Online events and/or tabletop Star City Games events.
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
Registration closes 10 minutes before the start of the event.
Round one (1) begins at the start time of the event.
Five (5) Single Elimination rounds.
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes immediately after the tournament has ended.
- Round Two - All remaining players receive 50 Prize Wall Tickets
- Round Three - All remaining players receive 100 Prize Wall Tickets
- Round Four - All remaining players receive 200 Prize Wall Tickets
- Round Five - All remaining players receive 300 Prize Wall Tickets
- Winners of Round Five matches qualify for the Regional Championship at DreamHack