How it works
The $20K RCQ - Phyrexia: All Will Be One Sealed is an open entry two day event where players compete for $20,000 prize pool. The Top 4 players qualify for the Regional Championship at DreamHack. Day One is sealed and Day Two will feature two drafts before a Top 8 draft.
SCG CON $20K RCQ - Phyrexia: All Will Be One Sealed Event Structure
Participants on Day One will build a Sealed Deck from six (6) Phyrexia: All Will Be One Draft Boosters and play 8 rounds of Swiss. All participants with 18 or more match points will advance to Day Two. Players will start Day Two with a draft, then play three (3) rounds of Swiss followed by a second draft and two (2) additional rounds. The event will cut to a Top 8 draft into a Single Elimination Playoffs.
- Registration for all events at SCG CON will close 10 minutes prior to each event.
- Players who enter after the tournamant has begun will be enrolled with a loss for their first round.
- Players must have their Wizards Account Email in their Melee.gg profile in order to enroll.
- Decklists must be submitted through the Player Controller on Melee.gg.
- Decklists are due prior to the start of the first round of the event.
- Failure to submit a decklist on time will result in Tardiness penalties.
If paper printouts are made for this tournament, players' names will display as their real names regardless of their profile settings.
To unenroll after you must contact the organizer.
All SCG CON tournaments will be run according to the Tournament Rules for their respective game systems:
Magic: the Gathering Tournament Rules
- Pairings for the Phyrexia: All Will Be One Sealed $20K events will be available in the Melee.gg Player Controller and on Paper in the event hall.
- It is each player's sole responsibility to find their pairings and report to their matches for the beginning of each round of their events.
- Round length will be determined by event type for every event at SCG CON.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of any given match to ensure that the result is reported and recorded correctly.
- If either player notices a discrepancy between the result of the match and the reported match result, they must bring the error to the attention of a tournament official immediately.
- Players must have accounts in good standing on MTG Melee and Star City Games.
- Players must not be currently suspended from participating in/on tabletop Magic: The Gathering events, SCG Tour Online events and/or tabletop Star City Games events.
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
Registration closes at 8:50 am on Saturday, February 4th, 2023
- Build will begin at 9:00 am on Saturday, January 14th, 2023
- Round one (1) begins at the conclusion of the build period
- Eight (8) rounds of Swiss
- All players with 18 or more match points will advance to Day Two
- The first Day Two draft begins at 9:00 am on Sunday, January 15th, 2023
- Players will play three (3) rounds of Swiss (Rounds 9-11) with their Draft 1 decks
- The second Day Two draft begins st the conclusion of Round 11
- Players will play two (2) rounds of Swiss (Rounds 12-14) with their Draft 2 decks
- Cut to a Top 8
- Top 8 players will draft and then play a Single Elminiation Playoff
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes in 30 days or less.
$20,000 Prize Pool
- 1st: $3,000.00 and qualification for the Regional Championship at the Dreamhack
- 2nd: $2,000.00 and qualification for the Regional Championship at the Dreamhack
- 3rd – 4th: $1,500.00 and qualification for the Regional Championship at the Dreamhack
- 5th – 8th: $1,000.00
- 9th – 12th: $700.00
- 13th - 16th: $500.00
- 17th – 32nd: $200.00
In order to receive cash prizes from a Star City Games event, players must have a current, signed, and dated tax form on file with Star City Games. If you have not submitted a tax form with up to date information to Star City Games, or are unsure about the status of your tax form, please check in with us at the event to fill one out.