How it works
Trial events are open entry events where participants play for Prize Wall tickets and two (2) byes in the Modern $20K.
SCG CON Modern $20K Trial Event Structure
- Five (5) Swiss rounds
- Registration for all events at SCG CON will close 10 minutes prior to each event.
- Players who enter after the tournament has begun will be enrolled with a Loss for their first round.
- Players must have their Wizards Account Email in their Melee.gg profile in order to enroll.
- Decklists will be submitted through the Player Controller on Melee.gg.
- Decklists are due prior to the start of the first round of the event.
- Failure to submit a decklist on time will result in Tardiness penalties.
To unenroll after you must contact the organizer.
All SCG CON tournaments will be run according to the Tournament Rules for their respective game systems:
Magic: the Gathering Tournament Rules
- Pairings for Trials events will be available on the Melee.gg Player Controller and on Paper in the event hall.
- It is each Player's sole responsibility to find their pairings and report to their matches for the beginning of each round of their events.
- Round length is determined by tournament format.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of any given match to ensure that the result is reported and recorded correctly
- If either player notices a discrepancy between the result of the match and the reported match result, they must bring the error to the attention of a tournament official immediately.
- Players must have accounts in good standing on MTG Melee and Star City Games.
- Players must not be currently suspended from participating in/on tabletop Magic: The Gathering events, SCG Tour Online events and/or tabletop Star City Games events.
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
Registration closes 10 minutes before the start time of the event
Round one (1) begins at the start time of the event
Five (5) Swiss rounds
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes immediately after the tournament has ended.
- 5-0: 1000 Prize Wall Tickets + Two (2) round bye for Modern $20K
- 4-1: 500 Prize Wall Tickets
- 3-2: 300 Prize Wall Tickets
- 2-3: 200 Prize Wall Tickets
- 1-4: 100 Prize Wall Tickets
Prizes distributed each round:
- 100 Prize Wall Tickets to the winner of each match.
Players that receive a bye as well as players with four (4) or more wins must collect a portion of their prizes at the stage.