How it works
Team Constructed Trial events are open entry events where participants play in teams of three players for Prize Wall tickets and a bye in the Team Constructed $25K. Each teammate has an assigned format: Legacy, Modern, and Pioneer.
SCG CON Team Trial Event Structure
- Three player teams
- Seats (A - Legacy, B - Modern, C - Pioneer) are assigned during registration. Player B will be seated in the middle.
- Deck lists must be submitted for each player before the start of the event.
- Five (5) Swiss rounds
- One player registers for the Team and enters information for all teammates.
- Registration for all events at SCG CON will close 10 minutes prior to each event.
- Teams who enter the event after the event has begun will be enrolled with a Loss for their first round.
- Players must have their Wizards Account Email in their Melee.gg profile in order to enroll.
- Deck lists are submitted by the player registered on Melee.gg.
- A deck list must be submitted for each seat: Legacy, Modern, & Pioneer
- Deck lists must be submitted before 1:00 pm on August 19th, 2022
If paper printouts are made for this tournament, players' names will display as their real names regardless of their profile settings.
To unenroll after you must contact the organizer.
All SCG CON tournaments will be run according to the Tournament Rules for their respective game systems:
Magic: the Gathering Tournament Rules
- Pairings for the Team Constructed Trial will be available on Melee.gg (to the Registered player) and on Paper in the event hall.
- It is each Team's sole responsibility to find their pairings and report to their matches for the beginning of each round of their events.
- Rounds for the Team Sealed Trial will be 50 minutes.
- It is the responsibility of the winning team to ensure the result is reported and recorded correctly. However if any player notices a discrepancy between the actual result of the match, and the reported match result, they must bring the error to the attention of a tournament official immediately.
- All players must have accounts in good standing on MTG Melee and Star City Games.
- All players must not be currently suspended from participating in Magic: The Gathering events and/or Star City Games events.
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
Registration closes at 12:50 pm on August 19th, 2022.
Round One (1) begins at 1:00 pm on August 19th, 2022.
Five (5) Swiss rounds.
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes immediately after the tournament has ended.
Prizes per Team:
- 5-0 (15 match points): 3,000 Prize Wall Tickets and One (1) bye in the Team Constructed $25K*
- 4-0-1 (13 match points): 2,250 Prize Wall Tickets
- 4-1 (12 match points): 1,500 Prize Wall Tickets
- 3-1-1 or 3-0-2 (10 or 11 match points): 900 Prize Wall Tickets
- 3-2 or 2-0-3 (9 match points): 300 Prize Wall Tickets
- 2-2-1 or 2-1-2 (7 or 8 match points): 150 Prize Wall Tickets
*To receive a bye in the Team Constructed $25K, the team must be enrolled in the Team Constructed $25K with the same three players.